Latest message you have seen: Anyone here use Z-Wave, and specifically with a Comfort ZWave UCM ?

Re: Question about the Inverto IDL7000t

  • Subject: Re: Question about the Inverto IDL7000t
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:52:03 +0100

In article <IFEKJKODHPGOANBCIDIPAEDABDAC.keith@xxxxxxx>, Keith Doxey
wrote:
> A cheap option is to pick up a PACE Analogue satellite receiver and
stuff
> your Media Player into the decoder SCART. Should be able to find one
at a
> car boot sale near you for a couple of quid :-)

An interesting idea!

> Dont forget that nay RF modulated source will only have Mono Audio.

A good point. But most of our "occasional" TVs are mono only.

What I *really* want is -
A multi-tuner PVR that records programs to a share on our Linux server. (It
can use an internal HD if it really wants, as long as I can archive stuff)
Slave units on all the TVs that let us control this multi-tuner PVR, watch
anything we have recorded, and also watch any other digital content.

So, I guess I really want MythTV with small/cheap/quiet front-end units on
every TV and without having to wrestle MySQL, etc. on the backend!

But a remotely viewable/controllable PVR such as an Inverto, or the new
Humax, will do the job for now.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire