Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Old laptop wanted with parallel port

RE: Win MCE Rollup2

  • Subject: RE: Win MCE Rollup2
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:06:59 +0100

Well I need to reinstall my MCE machine anyway - it's currently running a
250Gb drive and I'm using nowhere near that for recordings (plus I can't
get
it to flush its cache of my MP3 collection either without deleteing every
item manually) so I'm planning to reinstall that machine using a new 160Gb
drive that I have here. (The 250 will then go into the media server where
it
can be of much more use!)

Anyone know if I can just copy off the recordings from the MCE machine onto
a temporary drive, reinstall, then copy them back and them be
"seen" as
existing recordings by the new install?

Seems that the Sonic DVD writing package is still limited to 2 hours of
programs per DVD ... It really should have the facility to compress the
data
further (so that you can get more than two episodes of top gear on a DVD -
what's the point of it giving a full menu structure for selecting what you
want to watch when there's only one or two entries?) rather than just
transcode it and it annoys the hell out of me that it doesn't!

Phil