Latest message you have seen: Re: [Advert] - HA related eBay item

Re: Have power usage data - now what (Excel question ?)

Excel should work well.

Multiply the current (amps) the device gives you by voltage (around
230-240) to give the
wattage [1]. Assuming the current is constant over each minute, then
current*voltage gives
you a number of watt-minutes. Convert this to watt-hours by dividing by 60
and convert to
kWh by dividiing by a further 1000.

So the number of kWh used each minute is current*voltage/60000

To find out the number of kWh used in a day, just add up the kWh used each
minute.

If you're feeling adventurous, and you have (or can have) a column showing
the date, then
you could use a pivot table to sum the electricity usage for you, so it
would show you a
table of usage by day.

HTH
Paul

[1] For AC, current*voltage does not quite give the wattage. I don't know
if there's a
rule-of-thumb conversion that is better than the one I've given, but this
is a good first
estimate. It will probably depend on how they've calculate the current
anyway.