From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 1:46 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] USB HDD Cases

Hi all,

I know these have been discussed before, but maybe not this particular
aspect.

I'm after two cases to each house a 40-80GB HDD for backup purposes only
(one on-site, one off-site). I've had a 120GB IOMEGA USB & Firewire on
my
desk at work for a while now, and this case includes a fan. This unit works
just fine.
Most of the other cases I see now however, *don't* have a fan. Is this
going
to be a problem? Most cite "aluminium case for good heat
dissipation" or
similar, but does this really work in practice?

Finally, does anyone have any direct experience of the Vaio and similar
looking cases that seem to go for around £5 on eBay ?? (but with £10-15
shipping from HK)
What about these ones from CPC ?
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=CS11727&N=411
(currently on offer at £19.50+vat)