Latest message you have seen: My Automated Home: Nigel Giddings - Installing Broadband in a Rural Location

Re: USB HDD Cases

Not sure about the level of CPC's customer care, however Linitx do
similar

http://linitx.com/product_info.php?cPath=79&products_id=519

Has to be said that customer care of linitx is superb.

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 13:46 +0100, Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know these have been discussed before, but maybe not this particular
aspect.

> I'm after two cases to each house a 40-80GB HDD for backup purposes
only (one on-site, one off-site). I've had a 120GB IOMEGA USB &
Firewire on my desk at work for a while now, and this case includes a fan.
This unit works just fine.
> Most of the other cases I see now however, *don't* have a fan. Is this
going to be a problem? Most cite "aluminium case for good heat
dissipation" or similar, but does this really work in practice?

> Finally, does anyone have any direct experience of the Vaio and
similar looking cases that seem to go for around £5 on eBay ?? (but with
£10-15 shipping from HK)
> What about these ones from CPC ?
> http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?SKU=CS11727&N=411
(currently on offer at £19.50+vat)