Latest message you have seen: Help with 1-wire/LinkUSB/owfs

Re: Home automation equipment

  • Subject: Re: Home automation equipment
  • From: "Brian Milton" <bmilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:06:26 -0000

Hi Colin,

Welcome to the group! Good to see some Irish HA'ers around here I
taught I was the only one.  Where abouts are you?  I'm in Dublin
should you wish to chat about ideas etc. But this list will keep you
busy with the amount info it supplies.

Which reminds me I always wanted to ask if there are many people from
Ireland here?  We could have our own UKHA yearly meeting Or maybe IEHA
meeting ;)

Just to add to Paul & Des's info.  I can't agree more with putting
Cat5e cable everywhere possible.  I'm finished wiring etc a while now.
Trying to get my Node0 finished and i've found places i wish i had
put cat5 but It's not to bad as i have sockets everywhere around each
room so it won't be to hard to get what I want.  As for wiring lights
I wish i had wired it so i could put C-Bus in at a later date but
never allowed for it :(

Cheers
Brian