RE: Plasma IR plasma problems

  • Subject: RE: Plasma IR plasma problems
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:57:46 +0100

To be honest I usually suggest looking at the RU950 and the accompanying RF
base whenever people have this issue ... Together they come to about the
same price as a plasma friendly IR receiver and distribution block plus
emitters and (IMO) you get a decent programmable/customisable remote into
the deal.

The plasma friendly IR receivers *ARE* damn expensive - there's no denying
that and I have no idea why they are so expensive but they are really the
only way to resolve the issue without going for something like an RF based
remote (remember that the plasma controls on the Pronto wouldn't be set to
RF so they would still be seen in the room by the plasma as normal). We
have
a lot of people query whether the plasma friendly receivers are necessary
and we try to explain that they are there for that purpose but they often
decide to try it with the standard receivers and - in the main - we see
them
back again within a month to do the job right.

Phil