From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Patrick Lidstone
Sent: 10 September 2005 17:16
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Comfort & Asterisk

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Graham Kiff" <graham.kiff@w...>
wrote:
> Thanks for the response Patrick
>
> My line setup is as follows:
> BT Line -> Comfort Tel In
> Comfort Tel Out -> Asterisk (via FXO)
> Asterisk -> POTS (via FXS) & IP Phones
>
> I have setup a dial plan for accessing Comfort (9*), however there
> seems to be some sort of timing issue, as Comfort doesn't recognise
> the * digit after the line is seized - all I hear is the PSTN dial
> tone.  If I then dial digits, after a few seconds I get a "BT
voice"
> saying number not recognised.
>
> In respect to the door bell CID.  I tried using distinctive ring, but
> it appears that you cannot use UK CLID with Distinctive Ring.
> Basically I can use them separately with no problems.  As soon as I
> turn on the following CLID setting "cidstart=polarity",
distinctive
> ring stops working and only reports a ring pattern of
"0,0,0" whereas
> without this setting it reports "246,97,0".  Therefore I'm
going to
> raise this on the asterisk list to see if it can be resolved.

Which FXO? An X100p or a TDM400?

Have you tried creating an extension which dials the FXO with your
comfort access string explicitly on your behalf. This might solve the
timing issue? It would also be worth listening in parallel with the
exchange line when you dial to ensure that the "*" is actually
being
passed as DTMF.

Patrick