LED downlighters, home cinema

  • Subject: LED downlighters, home cinema
  • From: "Richard Challis" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:32:28 +0100

Hi All,

(I finally have an on-topic post)

I am just finishing moving into my new home (ish!). One thing I promised
myself this time is that I wouldn't let my home cinema stuff take over the
living room. So I have given over a bedroom to this instead.

I have painted up some mdf to cover in the window and am insulating this
try and avoid this becoming an condensation trap. Then a gap, and some much
thicker mdf that is going to be painted "ice storm 5" to see if
this is ok
as a projector screen. (I also have a motorised screen as a backup)

The room I have started to paint in vinyl matt "ocean force"
which is a dark
blue.

I am looking at some led downlighters, was thinking about some of the 3 led
downlighters to provide some light when "the show is on" and some
of the
bigger led downlighters for entering and exiting.

I am trying to get rid of any excess light / soak it up with the dark
paint.
Plus trying to keep stray light out of the room is finally under control
with giving up with the window completely! But obviously myself or friends
(perhaps family if they dare to enter the room) need some light to move
about in....

Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts.

Eventually when I get my homevision back online, this will take over
control, but having to use light switches for the moment!

Still wondering about cbus / or keeping with x-10 :) but don't want to get
into that discussion just yet!

Regards

Richard