Re: Cabling for 12v wifi camera's

Dean Barrett wrote:

> I'm thinking of installing a couple of wifi camera's externally, but
> have no
> power at their locations.
> What distance will a 12v power pack go, if i install them internally.
> Each camera draws 750mA

Depends on the resistance of the wire.

You want something nice and chunky that isn't going to drop significant
volts in the temperature range that you'll see outside. If the cameras
are fussy about voltage, you might want to use a local dc-dc regulator
and send a few spare volts down the wire.

If you're having to run a cable though, why are they wireless? :-)

Jim