Re: Win MCE & Sky

  • Subject: Re: Win MCE & Sky
  • From: Joseph Heenan <joseph-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 09:11:18 +0100

On 24 Sep, Simon Daykin wrote:

> Ok,  been reading the recent postings about MCE 2005 and starting
think I
> really ought to have a go about this.  Only thing I can't seem to find
good
> information on is hooking it up to Sky?  I assume I would need some
kind of
> IR emitter to control the Sky Box and a suitable card to take an input
> signal?
>
> Has anyone got a good MCE & Sky (non plus) set-up they can
explain?

Apologies for the late reply, I've been away.

Instead of the IR blaster you could go with one of these:

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1603

It's a direct cabled solution to should be more reliable, and has
a plugin available to integrate it into MCE.

[Disclaimer: I'm the builder of these devices.]

Joseph

--
Joseph Heenan, Glasgow, UK              http://www.heenan.me.uk/