Re: Sony CDs, DRM and Windows Media Center Edition...

Calum Morrell wrote:

>Wow, so much helpful information I'd never seen before! Oh wait, yes I
>have, and a great deal more from experts in the international field,
>UK/EU/USA and others which disagrees quite strongly with the legality
of
>purchasing an item or service abroad which would be illegal in the UK.

Downloaded music is not an illegal item in the UK.

>I'm also aware of a number of lobbies and legal tests which have been
>underway for sometime now to prove the illegality of the above. I'm
also
>aware of proposed changes to various UK/EU related legislation to allow
>the revelvant industry bodies to start taking action against people who
>do so. I'm also aware of proposed changes in the Russia legal system as
>they recognise the need to catchup with modern technology like the rest
>of us (albeit still on a more relaxed approach).

So if they change the law I stop doing it.  Fine.  Until then, I can
carry on with my legal downloads.

>Sorry I'm not as good at being a self-righteous patronising fuck, but
>I'll certainly try if that would make you feel better.

Maybe not, but you appear to be pretty good at being unpleasant and
offensive.  A shame really, because IMHO this was a subject worth debating.

Mal