Re: [OT] My Tiger has arrived

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "aashram" <groups@a...> wrote:
> how was the install ? any software compatablity issues ?

OK - my first post on this group, having sat on the fence for a
while (amazed by the knowledge within!).

Anyway - having problems with Tiger. Installation was great and it
automatically picked up my internal wireless network (provided by a
BT Voyager 2100)

Then I started getting DNS 'type' problems - I could connect
externally via IP, but domain connections failed. Reset router and
all ok for 5 minutes, then same symptoms. This affects my XP and
SUSE installs, not just Tiger!

Eventually (following the rule that 'nothing breaks for no
reason!'), I shutdown Tiger and 'hey presto' - all works fine.

I will spend the next couple of days working on this and looking at
Apples knowledgebase and I do need to try cabled connection to
router via iMac - but have to admit, has me stumped.

So, has the Tiger got a stripe or two missing eh?

And thanks for a great forum.

Nige

.

was
> checked for spam by the Freeware Edition of No Spam Today! The
Freeware