BT Broadband 2MB....a good deal?

  • Subject: BT Broadband 2MB....a good deal?
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 11:34:56 -0000

Hi All,

I'm currently with Bulldog Communications paying =A324.99 per month for=20
2MB in the evenings and weekends but as I'm cancelling the telephone=20
number which the service is currently on am looking for another ISP.=20
Bulldog no longer sell this package as they want you to take out a=20
new line with them which I'm not prepared to do.

BT Broadband at the same money looks interesting but the only thing=20
that's putting me off is the 15GB per month usage allowance. I'm not=20
a big downloader by any means but have no way to access any kind of=20
logs with Bulldog as to my past usage with them. They also cannot=20
provide this information to me as apparently they do not monitor=20
customers usage.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what in real terms 15GB would mean=20
to an average user? Has anyone had any experience with BT Broadband=20
(good or bad)?

It appears that more and more ISP's are providing broadband with=20
usage limits and although there are plenty that don't they seem to be=20
aimed more at the business sector and are much more money.

Any help appreciated.
Darren