Latest message you have seen: RE: I'm new here

Re: Digest Number 5254 - Small HTPC case

  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 5254 - Small HTPC case
  • From: robin <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:08:02 +0000

(First excuse the mess in the append - I use digest option, great for
cutting down mail, poor for replying)

I converted one of my PCs to a Shuttle(FN45 based). My view, if I had
the money I'd convert them all.  Only real drawback I can see (other
than cost) is the fact that they only have 1x 5.25, 1x 3.5 (external)
and 1x3.5 (internal). I did not find the limited PCI/AGP(1/1) slots or
memory slots a problem. Layout is good, cableways laid out nice, if you
read the comprehensive manual.
One shock was loudness of fan during boot but after 15 seconds it
asjusts itself and is very quiet.  I took Athlon 2400+, crucial memory,
graphics and 80GB drive out of another PC. It worked first time.
regards, robin