RE: [OT] Mac Mini Take Up

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Mac Mini Take Up
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:14:03 -0000

> Does the Apple software allow you to output to ISO or something so you
can
> burn on a PC?

As far as I can make out - other users have reported creating DVD image
files for archiving. There's an option to store your DVD to burn later
also.

> > Pretty much fed up with Windows XP (MCE 2005)
>
> That's disappointing.  Is this when using the MCE part or just as a
> desktop?

It's only when using it a desktop Mark, I don't really use the MCE 2005
functionality on my main machine. I installed it for the future when
perhaps
I might get an XBOX extender.

I've another PC setup with MCE 2005 which is connected to my projector.
That
doesn't get the hammering my main PC does with extra software install,
downloading, DVD burning, etc, etc. I'm happy with both the functionality
and performance of MCE 2005 on the HCPC, it's probably something to do with
various extra programs and utilities I've installed on my main PC that is
causing the problem.

In fact, it's only in the past few weeks that the PC has started to behave
this way, it was fine when I did the fresh install of MCE 2005.

I think a copy of PartitionMagic and another fresh install might be needed
:-(

Don