RE: [OT] RCD intermitantly trips, any advice?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] RCD intermitantly trips, any advice?
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <smorgo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:26:14 -0000

Try isolating a few appliances using plug-in RCDs. These tend to trip first
which (a) helps isolate the fault, and (b) avoids the inconvenience of
losing the entire ring.

We had this a while ago and (guess what?) it turned out to be the iron. The
iron's been replaced, but we now always use it with an RCD of its own.

Steve