Re: 19" telescopic rack mount shelving

  • Subject: Re: 19" telescopic rack mount shelving
  • From: "Ben Middleton" <dr_noakes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:45:43 -0000

Hi Steve - thanks for the link.

I am such a fool - I remeasured the space last night - and must have
misjudged things previously. The actual voice spaces I have are
955x600x2400 (wxdxh in mm). So I could easily accomodate a standard
rack if necessary. I still prefer the idea of building something
myself though.

> PS.   Don't forget to think about ventilation!

I have an empty loft above the space, and a cold suspended floor void
below the space - so could conceivably install a fan in the ceiling
and a vent port in the floor. It would generate a decent cool flow of
air all year around. I was even thinking of building a fireproof box
and lowering the UPS units down into the floor voids - you wouldn't
hear the hum of them, and they would also stay pretty cool.

Will take photos of progress and report back.

Ben.