Re: TFT monitor as TV

That's exactly what I did in our bedroom. I use the Digivision box=20
that I got from Dabs (Quicklinx 24ZPWS and it's only =A355 now). The=20
picture close up is pretty poor but veiwed from the bed is fine. It=20
slightly degrades the monitor resolution but after 6 months I've got=20
used to and don't notice it.

The only thing I forget is that the volume (to my LCD's integral=20
speakers) is controlled by the new box. If you turn it down really=20
low on the TV and switch back to PC it's affected that volume too.=20
You have to go back to the TV to turn it back up again.

All said and done it has been a good buy for the money and has saved=20
a load of space.

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "drownedrat" <drownedrat@i...>
wrote:
> Wondered if anyone had tried any of the TV-VGA tuner boxes to use=20
a=20
> monitor as a TV? got a 15" TFT that would save a lot of room
in=20
the=20