Re: Multi-output amp

Hi Dave,

I actually have done a similar thing:
1) 3 zone amplifier using TDA2050 (32W per channel)
2) Single rail 40V supply needed
3) RS232, RS485 or Linet control
4) Rack mountable (edge connector)
5) 4 switchable inputs to each amplifier
6) Electronic volume control
7) Electronic power on/off for each amplifier

I had intentions of making it generally available but have got busy=20
on a different topology for a commercial Whole House Audio system=20
with a company I own.  I also never got around to costing the BOM so=20
people would know what they were up for.

Upshot is that I do have 8 or so boards (double sided SMT) lying=20
around here.  Your power requirements would allow for a lower supply=20
rail and smaller heatsinks.  No CAN or Ethernet but RS485 or RS232=20
(actually need to check the RS485 remained on the second layout of=20
the board).  Only error on the board is that the footprint for the 3=20
x DS1801 volume POTS IC is too narrow hence need to stand it on edge.

You would be welcome to one or more of the boards (or anyone else for=20
that matter) for a small amount to cover costs and postage.  Full=20
schematics and in fact Protel layout you are also welcome to, for=20
your own personal use only of course.  Protel layout would allow you=20
to make more if you required them.=20

Let me know if you are interested - I am sure it would save a=20
reasonable amount of work.  I have been using them at home for some=20
time and am quite happy with them.  In fact we use one at work for a=20
Whole House Audio demonstration system.

Cheers
Shane

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Dave McLaughlin <dave@v...> wrote:
> Thanks for the info Paul.
>=20
> What I might try is to build my own 4 zone amp and control system.=20
I=20
> have an empty 19" rack chassis and I thought about building a=20
eurocard=20
> based design. As you need more zones, you simply plug in a new=20
board (up=20
> to 10 as this is what the supply I plan to use can handle) Each=20
zone is=20
> only 15W per channel and more than enough for what I want to use it=20
for.
>=20
> The control is via CAN bus but can easily be xAP, xPL etc as I will=20
add=20
> in an Ethernet and an RS485 interface for other bods!!! You can=20
have up=20
> to 4 switchable inputs to each amp module and each room can be=20
different=20
> with separate volume control etc. You could probably buy this, but=20
I=20
> prefer the challenge of a do it yourself!!!  :o)
>=20
> I'll feedback on how I get on. First zone should be in test next=20
week=20
> with some parts from CPC/Maplin/Rapid etc.
>=20
> Regards
> Dave...
>=20
> ---
> Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes...!!
> ---
> http://www.v8carlton.com
> http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk
> ---
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Paul Gale wrote:
>=20
> > Oh, can't remember price - somewhere between =A31 and =A32k
though=20
with=20