RE: IS it true? (BT bandwidth capping)

  • Subject: RE: IS it true? (BT bandwidth capping)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:09:24 +0100

LOL! Got the email from BT this morning about the price drop and new
bandwidth caps.
It contained this priceless paragraph -

Based on your current usage, you're using more than this monthly allowance.
However, there's no need to worry. Although the change to your Terms &
Conditions is taking place now, the usage allowance will only be applied
from early 2005. At that point, we'll be introducing a number of options
for
the few customers who may require additional capacity. We'll be in touch to
tell you more about these options closer to the time.
I nearly fell off my chair laughing, let's hope the upgrade to 1meg+30GB
bandwidth goes thru OK...

They also seem to have fallen short of actually having a status page
telling
you your current usage.

Lee

PS. The 'option' seems to be ?2/GB if you go over your limit...