Re: Re: HomeVision access control???

matt_miles_uk wrote:

> I didn't think of that!  Very good point - also don't want the
> police coming round and taking it off me!  I think i'll try to find
> someone who will program some cards for me!

I wouldn't worry *too* much about having a writer!

At my work, we have an Eltron P310 card printer which cmyk and clear
varnish prints the front of cards, and mag encodes the stripe on the
back of cards (any/all of the 3 tracks) - we use it to print out ID
cards with barcodes on the front and mag stripe for the clock-in system.
Price is around £2k.

I wouldn't particularly recommend that model though; we have issues with
longevity of the print (might be better if we got a multi-layer varnish,
but not sure if the printer is compatible; some staff require a reprint
every 6 months due to fading, but then some do seem to use them to
scrape ice from their windscreens!) and there can be some teething
issues with colour alignment at the start and end of each print run
(which really sucks if you're doing 1 or 2 cards at a time because you
end up with a lot of wasteage, and the ribbons are expensive and don't
last too long (especially with previous point)

Hmmm.... I've rambled a bit, haven't I!

I would offer to do the badges for UKHA2004, but I would get a lot of
problems from work about it... :/

Cheers
--
Doogie

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com