RE: Odd HDD failure (I think)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Odd HDD failure (I think)
  • From: "David Yeend" <david.yeend@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:40:58 -0000
  • Mailing-list: list ukha_d@yahoogroups.com; contact ukha_d-owner@xxxxxxx

Have either of you tried with a different PSU?

I once had a very similar thing, changed everything but the case and the
HDD which meant the PSU was constant.....

Eventually I managed to catch a message which flashed up for about a micro
second during POST telling me the power supply levels were not
right.....the old MB did not have this feature... Checked the BIOS which
did have the diagnostics screen and there it was one of the -ve rails was
wrong.

One replacement PSU later and enough 'spare' components to almost build a
new PC and all was well again.

They say the deeper the wounds the better the learning experience....

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
Post message: ukha_d@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@yahoogroups.com