Re: Help! X10 aware electrician required in Bromley/ SE London area

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Help! X10 aware electrician required in Bromley/ SE London area
  • From: "silverelise" <matthew@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:59:05 -0000

Hi Doogie thanks for the info.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Doogie Brodie <ukhad@d...> wrote:
> You've got several options for "wiring for X10":-
>
> Standard traditional UK lighting wiring: lets you use LW10U which
offer
> on/off/dim (no soft start/memory dim etc)
>
> Standard traditional UK lighting but with neutral at switch rather
than
> in ceiling rose: lets you use LW11G which offer on/off/dim with
soft
> start, last dim memory, dim direct to level
>
> Homerun wiring - directly wiring each lighting source back to
wiring
> cabinet and wiring light switches the same: lets you use LD11 which
have
> the same features as the LW11G, and momentary switches. As Dean
> mentioned, at this point, you can run cat5 in the same runs as your
> light switch wiring, allowing you to upgrade to something like C-
Bus at
> a later date. :-)

I think the third option is a nono, but options one and two are go-
ers.

Doing a quick google search it seems that option one (the LW10U)
cannot be used on the landing where you have two switches controlling
the same light?

I'm planning on running cat5's in a separate channel and i was
looking at a 6-way double-width plate per room with 4 cat 5's and 2
coaxials in each.

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx