RE: Re: Can an LD11 control a 240v 50w Halogen bulb?

I have in my house several sets of 5 * 50W/240V halogen bulbs via LW11G's
(Marmitek, Europe) working at various dim levels (controlled by PIRs and a
Homevision controller) since one year. Never had any problems with the
concept and also did not have to change any bulb.
The only problem I encountered is that the TW523 does not like to be
overloaded (too many instructions too short after eachother).
This may not solve the problem to be addressed in the subject line, but
could be of interest.
Cheers,
Harry Hendriks

>From: "davidne0uk" Reply-To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx To:
>ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] Re: Can an LD11 control a 240v 50w
>Halogen bulb? Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:33:09 -0000
>
>--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "rb_ziggy" wrote: > --- In
>ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Kenneth Watt" wrote: > > > Here is
my problem, I
>have 5x50w on one LD11 and 4x50w on another > > > LD11. I have
had this
>setup for about two months. So far each > setup > > > has
blown a bulb,
>which in turn has fried the LD11. So I have > went > > >
through two LD11's
per day @ 75%
>dim. Where am I going wrong? > > > > Something doesn't
sound right there at
>all. I've *NEVER* had an > LD10 or 11 > > fail on me, ever!
Not even a
>blown fuse and plenty lightbulbs have > blown, > > including
mains halogen
>ones. > > As some others note here I've seen few probs with
LD11's and

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx