LCD Screen interfering with X10

Hi All

Some time ago I asked the group for ideas/suggestions as to the cause
of my then recent failure of all x10 enabled products in my house. A
quick recap;  all my X10 enabled bits were working fine and then
after no changes it all stopped working, both by not responding to my
control commands and also by activating erroneously without any
requested external input.  (Does that make sense?  Basically I
couldn't turn lights on or off but something was all through the day
and the night)

Much head scratching later I have located the problem.  Basically I
have a 17" Dell LCD on my kitchen wall.  When I unpplug it from the
mains all of my X10 stuff works.  When I plug it back in my x10 stuff
does not work.  When it is plugged in my PC based control software
(Autom8it or ActiveHome) software registers the control command but
the X10 module is not affected.  I bought a filter for the LCD screen
but it has made no difference whatsoever.  I was just about to buy a
new LCD screen and then I thought that as I do not actually know what
has happened to the LCD screen the same thing may happen again.  The
screen otherwise works perfectly.  In my laymans opinion it seems to
me that the LCD screen must be putting some noise back onto the power
line.

So any ideas or suggestions.  Should I just buy another screen and
hope for the best or could I easily fix the one I have.  Also any
thoughts on what has actually happened to the screen would be
fantastic.

Kind regards

Anthony

UK Home Automation Meet 2004 - BOOK NOW!
http://www.ukha2004.com

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

Member Offers - http://www.freeranger.co.uk/ukha