Re: Alarming the garage

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Frank Mc Alinden <fmcalind@b...> wrote:
> Hi John
>
> >btw the windows aren't that big - maybe 600 x 600 each, >but
> >branches waving outside them might be interesting...
>
> Yes the microwave might see the moving branches.........
>
> Can you not look for multiple hits on the pir/ dualtec via
> Comfort Scripts before triggering the Alarm system to reduce
> false alarms?????

Sure, I could do.
Currently none of the garage is alarmed.
The pir that has been false triggering is part of the camera
in there, which triggers its control box to switch to that
specific video feed.
I've not tapped into this trigger for the comfort.

To be totally honest I'm only just refitting the comfort (we
have had pretty major building work which involved removing
nearly all existing wiring) and previously it was only
installed with a bare minimum set up. Therefore no complex
scripts yet.

> >p.p.s. should I be using stranded or solid cores, and
> >screened or unscreened ??
>
> I use stranded unscreened ..havent seen the screened alarm
> cable here in Melbourne....

Just thought I'd ask as I've been using 8 core BT cable
for the sensors (solid unscreened) and remember the
instructions for the comfort keypads said to use screened
cable...

> HTH

certainly does.
Thanks Frank.