Re: Power cut problem or more X10 woes?

Keith Doxey wrote:
> The X10 black hole is more difficult to explain if you havent
connected up
> anything new since your holiday.
>
> Its possible that the CM12 has been damaged and the signal being
transmitted
> is not as strong, or some other piece of equipment has been damaged
the
> surge that probably occured at power failure or restoration[*]. Try
> unplugging variuos bits of kit and see if everything starts working
again.

Hmmmmm..... wonder if this is anything to do with the problems I've been
having recently..... although I don't particularly remember having a
power failure.

In the last couple of weeks I've had -

AM12 stop responding to on (but responds to off) in it's normal socket,
but fine in another socket
RF switch on of another AM12 failing..... RF remote -> receiver ->
CM12
works and changes status, but the CM12 -> AM12 part doesn't work,
however resending from web interface CM12 -> AM12 works
This second AM12 connected to a stereo amp when sent an off signal
switches itself back on after a few seconds (some sort of local control
type thing)
X10 IR Receiver completely locking up a few times but long unplug and
replug finally fixed it
This weekend I plugged in an LM12 and an MT10 at my Gran's house in the
exact same sockets I've done many times before, but the LM12 wouldn't
respond to the MT10

Everything has worked normally for a long, long time and just recently
has started to misbehave.... :/

I only wish I didn't have such nasty red sandstone walls (believe me
they are *nasty*) and I'd do a full install of C-Bus.....

/me waits patiently for C-Bus wireless

--
Doogie