Reminisce about speakers. WAS: Amp/speaker recommendations? (Almost an ADVERT :-))

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Reminisce about speakers. WAS: Amp/speaker recommendations? (Almost an ADVERT :-))
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:34:23 -0000

What Keith says is dead right.
There was a What Hi-Fi (Or Hi-Fi Choice, cant remember which.) review a
few years back the put good old copper twin and earth cable up against a
variety of branded speaker cables and the t&e was in the top 5!
It only becomes a poor option when its draped across your living room
floor! This doesn't meet with a high WAF level, I know because I did it
in the very first house we had, was running from my Arcam Alpha 5 Amp
and my TDL RTL4 floor standers. Still the best pair of speakers I've
ever owned, amazing base response! They have sat languishing in the
spare room for a year now, along with my JPW AP2's. Another MIGHTY FINE
set of speakers, even with REAL black ash veneer! Also got a pair of
Eltax Monitor 7 floor standers in beech sat in the same room.

All these speakers have been made redundant since the whole house audio
was finished :-(
Guess I am just going to have to let them go to a new home but its like
saying goodbye to part of my youth!

Many thanks

Rob Mouser