Re: Amp/speaker recommendations?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Amp/speaker recommendations?
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:49:57 -0000

> > Is that really gonna be "quality" enough over 30m?
> >

> Its NICE THICK COPPER. It will be fine.

Keith, I've just looked at several reels of T&E on-line and none of
them have the directional arrows on the sleeve like you see with high
quality audio cable. How can I work out which end to connect to the
amp? Is it safe to assume that if there is any writing on the sheath
that it should always read 'away' from the amp, or is this not an
agreed standard amongst cable manufacturers. I would hate for some
one to go to all this trouble only to find that they have laid the
cable the wrong way round.

* tongue firmly embedded in cheek just in case anyone actually
believes any of the above ;-)