Re: Re: Amp/speaker recommendations?

Quoting Graham Howe <graham@xxxxxxx>:

> > What Keith is saying is that if you imagine a single T&E
cable
> > running from speaker to speaker, then you might cut it at each
> > speaker. For those individual wires that are not actually
connected
> > to a speaker, you must join them back together to 'bypass' the
> > speaker. So the 'blue run' must be continuous from the amp to
> speaker
> > 4, but not be connected to speakers 1 and 2.

I'm definitely having a no-brain day here...but I drew it out and it all
makes
sense now, yes.  Was confusing looking at keiths connection diagram (1-3
and 2-
4) vs. thinking about the physical layout of the speakers (1-2-3-4) and the
fact of using a 3 core cable.....

> If you are really carefull with a stanley knife and remove the
> sheathing from the T&E at each speaker, then you could infact just
> cut the wires that need to be connected to that speaker and then you
> wouldn't have to re-connect anything. Of course I take no
> responsibility for you slicing the tips of your fingers off when you
> attempt this ;-)

LOL, tnx for that.  Think I'l be buying some connector blocks and a load of
insulting tape :)

cheers,

Tony