Re: Amp/speaker recommendations?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Amp/speaker recommendations?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:20:17 -0000

> > you can simplify the wiring by using 3 core cable like this...
> >

> > AMP----SPKR1-----SPKR2-----SPKR3----SPKR4
> >
> > meaning only a single cable run for a channel rather than 4 runs
and
> > having to connect them all back at the amp. Just use a reel of
1.25mm
> > or 1.5mm 3 core flex.
>
> Is that really gonna be "quality" enough over 30m?

Its NICE THICK COPPER. It will be fine. The only thing that will
lessen the sound quality will be the acoustics of the showroom. If
you want to spend a bit more then buy 2.5mm 3 core flex but it isnt
neccessary. 1.5mm is rated at 15A and 100W into 8 ohms is only 3.5A
so it is plenty thick enough, added to which, the average output
level from the amp will probably be less than 20W if it is just for
background music.

> > Dont forget to join the two browns together at SPKR2 but dont
connect
> > them to the speaker.
> >
> > Dont forget to join the two blues together at SPKR1 and SPKR3 but
> > dont connect them to the speaker.
>
> Nope, my head is hurting now :/  Which two browns at speaker 2?
>from
> diagram, there are no browns at speaker 2 - ditto the blues at spkr
1 & 3 :(

> help!

AMP----SPKR1-----SPKR2-----SPKR3----SPKR4

The cable runs from one end to the other.
Speaker 2 is only connected to the 2 blues (from 1 & 3) and the
Green/Yellow (from 1)
Unless you join the incoming and outgoing brown together, the brown
wire will not make it as far as Speaker 3.

Likewise for the blues.

Speaker 1 Example
INCOMING             OUTGOING
Brown --------X---------------