Cabinet for some LD11s

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Cabinet for some LD11s
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:07:17 -0000

I am finally in the home straight of my whole house rewire (well all
lighting and switches at least) but I really dont want to run all the
cables from the ground floor lights and switches all the way to the
cabinets and consumer unit on the 2nd floor. So, my plan is to run a
single cable from the consumer unit to a discrete cabinet located in
an alcove on the groundfloor and then run the switches and lights to
that.

So, does anyone have recommendations for a cabinet/supplier that can
meet the following requirements:

Room for 6 LD11's with appropriate gaps for cooling.
Room for 3 breakers (I will hang 2 LD11's off each breaker.
Room for cables coming in from 10 lights and 10 switches.
Internal room for reasonably ordered cable management, probably with
earth and neutral strips.
Preferably no taller than 30cm and no deeper than 10cm, width not a
major problem.
Preferably with doors of some sort to help keep the buzzing noise
down.