RE: Re: LED lighting

Actually,  I must have old datasheets coz Farnell 432-5813 is a Luxeon Star
V White for =A323.87 + VAT=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Ward, David [mailto:David.Ward@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 29 October 2003 15:10
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: LED lighting

That's the brightest white they have at the moment, if you go for Red or
Blue then they'll do around 700cd
If you go for a Luxeon Star V then you can get around 4 times the light,
allegedly...=20
They do get quite warm, and the PCB they are attached to is made of
Aluminium to help disperse the heat!
Max DC forward current is about 300mA and up to 500 pulsed.
I had one running off of 3 AA batteries and the beam looked comparable to a
3 D-cell Maglite, not as focussed but with a more even profile=20