Comet Bargain (?)

  • To: "Ukha" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comet Bargain (?)
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:28:00 -0000

Hi=20
Popped into my local Comet store today and it proved to be a VERY
expensive=
visit.
They were selling of a LG 30" LCD + Speakers of display for
=A31500.00.
=20
Like this one here:=20
http://www.screen-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=3DMW-30LZ10
<http://www.sc=
reen-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=3DMW-30LZ10&pm=3D1353>
&pm=3D1353 (Note=
it DOES NOT have a built in tuner as specified on this site.)
=20
Managed to get the bloke to set it up to a DVD with some component cables
a=
nd test it along side the Phillips and Samsung models and I was really
impr=
essed. Loads of inputs, Picture in picture and even RS232 control.
=20
Apparently they are selling them off (This store had 3 to clear, this was
t=
he last one.) because they actually have NO built in tuner and the dopey
sa=
lespeople kept selling them to unsuspecting punters who then bought them
ba=
ck again saying they could not get a TV picture LOL! :-)
=20
I even got the guy to throw in a 3 year extended insurance warranty for
=A3=
39, YES thirty nine pounds!
=20
So if you've got some credit limit spare on your credit card might be
worth=
a call to a Comet store. Off course this may have been just the local stor=
e down here.
=20
All I need to do now is add some extra ceiling speakers to the main
bedroom=
(Got stereo pair already.) and have 5.1 in the bedroom.
=20
Cheers
=20
Rob