Sky+ and IR extender

Hi

Can anyone help with this one,have just had sky+ fitted, and it now
sits inside my AV cupboard with my amp, DVD player etc, however the
Hotlink Infra-Red Extender that I use to pass the IR to the kit, does
not pass the Sky+ signals. Am I missing something obvious here, or
do I need to buy an alternative extender ie, Xantech, or can I buy
an add on that will allow me to use the present equipment. The fact
that I have to keep the cupboard door open is beginning to intrigue
the dog.

Thanks in advance

Rob