RE: TFTs & Touchscreens?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: TFTs & Touchscreens?
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:26:27 -0000

Hi Mark,

I had a demo of an NEC TFT display which was 1024x768 on a 6.3" and
the
image was super sharp but small. Was really cool seeing the Windows desktop
on such a small screen. I use a 6.5" and a 10.4" with touch
screen at 640 x
480 res and the 10.4" is much better for control as the image size is
much
bigger. I suggest you go for a bigger size if you can.

The only issue I currenlty have with mine, being home made, is how to
switc=
off the backlight under Windows. If I can do this, and have it switch on
when I touch the screen, I plan to put it by my bed to have music, radio
an=
home control at hand.

Regards
Dave...
---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---