xbox Media Center - AC3 Progres...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: xbox Media Center - AC3 Progres...
  • From: "Mark McCall" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:16:39 -0000

Oct. 25 2003,08:42 (Post by Frodo)
AC3 5.1 passthru

After a looooong search Monkeyh0 and I finally discovered how we can output
encoded AC3.51 directly to the digital output of the xbox. This means GREAT
audio quality for AC3 5.1 encoded movies.
Currently AC3 5.1 streams get decoded by XBMC/XBMP and the 6 raw LPCM
streams are given to the xbox hardware. The xbox hardware encodes this back
to AC3 5.1 and outputs them on the digital output. The decoding/encoding
process means quality is lost. With our new way we can transmit the encoded
AC3 5.1 stream directly to the xbox digital output. No decoding/encoding is
needed resulting in much better audio quality

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/