Re: Tivo / Sky+/pioneer dvr-5100hs

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Tivo / Sky+/pioneer dvr-5100hs
  • From: "m_surgenor" <zen8432@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:02:50 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@t...> wrote:
> Any links to a how-to or FAQ on this K.? Also can it be done so
that if your Sky+ box develops a fault you can whack the original
drive back in before the engineer arrives :-)

Here's a couple of links that I read before i upgraded my Sky+ but as
Ken points out it really is "plug'n'play"!  The only issue seems
be that the s/w doesn't report free space correctly after the
upgrade. It would appear that you can just plug the old drive back in
if there's a need for any warranty work.

http://www.hummer.co.uk/sky.htm
[Love the Hummer stuff too! - :-) ]

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/page18.htm

I agree about the noise as well. Sometimes it sounds noiser than
others so I guess the fan must kick in and out on temperature. Now
that Ken has suggested it I think I'll have a look at adding some
sound deadening materials...

Malcolm