Re: Tivo / Sky+/pioneer dvr-5100hs

M> My choices are
M> 1. TiVo with alifetime subscription and Network Upgrade
M> 2. Sky+ (paying £10 per month)
M> 3. http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetailsnew.asp?modelcode=PIO-DVR5100HS
affiliateid=95  pioneer DVR-5100HS.

M> Now I know these all do slightly different things.
M> I also have a KiSS DP500 DVD player on my home network - which I
stream to from my MP3 server and my DiVX server. What I want to do is ditch
my VCR altogether. Conditions of purchase are SWMBO has
M> to be able to use it - hence why i scotched my plans building a PVR.
M> Finally last question, if I opetd to buy a TiVo how easy is TIVOWEB
to set up and use ?

Out of options 1 & 2, Sky+ is technically better; it records the
compressed video directly, whereas Tiov re-MPEG codes the analogue
feed resulting in a slight loss of quality. I have a Tivo and have not
used Sky+, but from what I have heard, the Tivo user interface is much
better than the Sky+ one, and it is even easier to use with Tivo web.

Tivoweb is fairly easy to set up, particularly if you have Linux
experience, and is very eassy to use.

Bill