Re: Shell Oil - Home Automation!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Shell Oil - Home Automation!
  • From: "jim" <jim@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 03:00:53 -0700

>Isn't the idea behind SCP that OEM's actually provide the support for
it? So
>SMEG build it into their fridges, Sony bung it in their stereos etc
etc?

Yeh i agree, but i the instance that microsoft were to delved into HA
software (which is inevitable realy) I would imagine that they would use
this protocol, whether they provided their own hardware to access the SCP
network (im not sure whether its LAN based or not) or got 3rd parties to
develop lamp and appliance style modules that supported SCP.