Re: HELP - am I going mad?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: HELP - am I going mad?
  • From: "neil_goldsmith" <ngoldsmi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:34:44 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@u...> wrote:
>Thanks Kevin, I did think along these lines but can't think of
anything "new" .... also I have two lighting circuits (upstairs
&
downstairs) and both are suffering.

I guess what I really want is a 'plug in monitor' that I can take
around and listen/analyze to the x10 traffic - does anyone know of
such a thing? (I suppose a second CM12 connected to another machine
could fit the bill?)

Neil.

The LW10's will be sitting on a leg of the fused wiring for the
lighting
> circuits - your AM12/LM12 will be on a sockets ring.
>
> What I am guessing is that recently you have added something to the
lighting
> side that is either causing interference or attenuation of the X10
signals -
> can you think of anything you did at around the same time they
stopped
> working ?? Possibly a new 'energy efficient' bulb or security
feature light
> or something ? It is very likely to be something that got plugged
into the
> same lighting circuit, however it could be anything that got
plugged in
> anywhere, and the level of X10 on that leg got clobbered.
>
> Testing the CM12 on a socket adjacent to the fuse box was a good
move - but
> as it didn't work it points even more towards something on the
lighting leg.

> I've had more than one occasion when I had to run around and unplug
almost
> everything in the house to find the culprit. Actually isolating in
turn
> whole segments of your wiring by removing a fuse works well to
narrow the
> search. Even now in one particular area of my house I still have a
socket -
> on the same ring as others which are directly before and after it
in the
> loop. Appliance modules work before or after but not in this one
socket -
> very strange.
>

> 	Kevin

AutoM8
-----~--
>    > >
>    > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
Lexmark
>    > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the
US &
------~-