RE: HELP - am I going mad?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: HELP - am I going mad?
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:35:06 +0100

The LW10's will be sitting on a leg of the fused wiring for the lighting
circuits - your AM12/LM12 will be on a sockets ring.

What I am guessing is that recently you have added something to the
lighting
side that is either causing interference or attenuation of the X10 signals
-
can you think of anything you did at around the same time they stopped
working ?? Possibly a new 'energy efficient' bulb or security feature light
or something ? It is very likely to be something that got plugged into the
same lighting circuit, however it could be anything that got plugged in
anywhere, and the level of X10 on that leg got clobbered.

Testing the CM12 on a socket adjacent to the fuse box was a good move - but
as it didn't work it points even more towards something on the lighting
leg.

I've had more than one occasion when I had to run around and unplug almost
everything in the house to find the culprit. Actually isolating in turn
whole segments of your wiring by removing a fuse works well to narrow the
search. Even now in one particular area of my house I still have a socket -
on the same ring as others which are directly before and after it in the
loop. Appliance modules work before or after but not in this one socket -
very strange.

Kevin