RE: Re: Temperature LCD thing

A colleague has several of these, he used them in a project with an 8051. =
=20
IIRC the serial output is pulse width encoded BCD as a continuos stream.
i.e. a '1' is represented by a longer pulse than a '0' ( or vice versa)
I think that he said that there is a slightly longer 'gap' between each
transmision to enable you to sync to the data.
He did mention that he had seen some code somewhere on the net that used a
standard serial port and 'descrambled' the data in software

I'll ask him when I next see him

Dave

clearence=20
> list.
> > It has setpint triggers, serial out, external sensor
capability,=20