Re: Turn your home into a mini power station...

On Tuesday 21 Oct 2003 1:41 pm, Mark McCall wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3208216.stm

The one thing that strikes me wth stuff like that is how long if takes to
repay the cost of installing them. On average they take 10 years or so to
pay
for themselves, by which time something new & better will be available,
and
if you're the kind of person to install them now, you'll want the new toys
then :-)

Savings of 100-200 quid are surely things you can make with small changes
your lifestyle? If you make that saving in energy costs, then you've
acheived
the same as installing those new technologies.

For me, until the resulting cost savings appear in something more like 3-5
years, they're not very apealling.