New iPAQs...Home Control

Fondled one of these for the first time last night...
http://www.totalpda.co.uk/productview.asp?section=1&id=4437

Very impressed!  Beside my almost 3-year-old 3610 with it's PCMCIA jacket
and Wifi card the new iPAQ is so much neater.  I can see how this smaller
form factor would be a great improvement in encouraging me to actually
carry
a PDA with me all the time in the house for control.

The downside is still the price though.  At £350 (without integrated wifi
it's still expensive).  I think the iPAQs that do have wifi are the bigger
form factor?  And the price goes up.  My sister just got a superb HP Lappy
for £599+vat the other day so it still seems a lot of money for a PDA.

I've also read 2 articles lately that said that the PDA will die in the
next
few years and we will only have smartphones.

Interesting times.

M.