Best budget projector to get?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Best budget projector to get?
  • From: "Ian Lowe" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:42:21 +0100

I have a friend looking for a projector for home cinema usage and looking
for advice on models...

I think it's coming down to the Epson EMP-S1 and the Panasonic PT-AE200E.
The Epson is similar to my own, the EMP-51, whilst I have heard god things
about the Panny...

Just wondering how important the Lumen rating is, as the Panny only has a
700 lumen output (although, a much better contrast at 700:1 rather than
400:1) Another possible Panny benefit is a claimed 5000 hours (rather than
2000 hours) lamp life.

Beyond that, they could be peas in a pod: same video mode support, similar
connectivity (panny is slightly better)

Any PTAE200E Users on the list care to share their opinions? would you buy
one again?

Ian.