RE: Re: G4 Powerbook 17

Taken from http://www.apple.com/macosx/theater/dock.html

"Found at the bottom of your screen, the Dock gives you instant access
the things you use most. Use the Dock to organize everything from documents
and apps to websites and QuickTime movies. To put items within easy reach,
simply drag and drop them into the Dock.=20

Expands to Fit Your Needs
As you keep adding items, the Dock expands until it reaches the edges of
th=
screen =97 at which point the icons in the Dock begin to shrink to
accommod=
ate
additional items. To make these sized-down icons more easily recognizable,
Mac OS X includes magnification: when you pass your cursor over the icons,
they magnify to the level you set in Dock preferences. You can also make
th=
Dock hide itself when you=92re not using it.=20

Minimized windows display a miniaturized icon of the full window =97 and
yo=
can maximize them again with a single click.=20

You can even minimize QuickTime movies while they play, and the icon still
shows it playing.=20

The Dock also gives you quick access to useful functions. You can quit any
application using the Dock or navigate to any open window of a selected
application. Some programs, such as iTunes, let you control the application
even when it=92s in the background. If you=92ve stored a folder in your
Doc=
k,
selecting its popup menu allows you to navigate the folder structure.=20

As You Like It
Store the Dock on the right or left of the screen, as well as at the
bottom=
.
Your favorite shortcuts are always available wherever you want them to
be."

Perhaps we should take this offlist now... Or be beaten to a pulp by all
th=
"peecee" users :-)

P.