[Waaay OT] Nooo! Not more Apple stuff!

Hi folks,

What with Apple owners having a discussion on here, I thought I'd ask a
quick question of those people who had ordered from Apple's online store.

I ordered a 15" Powerbook from the Apple Store a few days ago, taking
advantage of my new educational discount (as well as an offer on the
iPod). I placed the order, and all seemed to go through. The order was
listed on the site with the reference number, and is listed as 'Being
Reviewed'.

Now, after placing my order, I noticed that I could get Keynote at a
discounted rate if I ordered it at the same time as my Mac, so I called
the Apple Store to add it to my order. They apparently couldn't alter the
order, so they had to delete it and recreate a new order, identical except
with Keynote added.

The problem is, the website hasn't updated - it's still showing the same
old order, even though the sales people say that the order has been
cancelled, and that the new order has been put through. The money has been
taken from my account, but I've got no way of checking that I have the
right stuff!

I just wondered if this was common.. if anyone else had noticed the store
pages were very slow to update?

Apologies for the severe off-topicage.

~Gordon Christie
homeautomation@xxxxxxx