Re: After IR beam break info

Thanks, Ian.

An 'off the shelf' jobbie is looking like a good idea at this point! I see
Quasar Electronics have a beam break with a claimed range of 25m, so I
would
hope 5m is achievable outside. I have read that exposed film is a good
filter
so I hope that some of that and a tube will help.

Looking at the parts list for the Quasar unit, I doubt I could build it for
less than the price of the kit (the amplified IR receiver is £5+ at
Farnell!),
so I think I'll order one up.

The Xantech receiver has since gone to HA heaven, but thanks for the offer.

Justin.

Quoting ian.bird@xxxxxxx: